Hydrogeologist / Environmental Geologist, San Diego, CA
H+A is currently seeking a geologist or hydrogeologist with 1 to 5 years of experience in groundwater sampling and environmental site assessment to join our San Diego Office. This position is for full time employment which includes salary, performance-based bonuses, and the opportunity for employee-ownership. Responsibilities will include technical project work and client service management. This position requires an individual who thrives on challenges and responsibility, and will best suit a professional who is looking to grow his or her career in environmental investigation, regulatory compliance, water resources and water quality evaluations, as well as preparation of reports and other documents. H+A offers candidates a flexible working environment, a dedicated team atmosphere, and a chance to be part of a high-quality, well respected environmental consulting and engineering firm.
• Perform groundwater and surface water sampling;
• Oversee drilling and installation of wells, including lithologic logging and processing of soil samples;
• Install and sample soil vapor probes;
• Collect and organize data from environmental monitoring instruments;
• Assist with environmental investigation project and program cost/schedule updates;
• Be a supporting author on technical reports, tech memos, letters, and other official correspondence;
• Supervise and coordinate interns and environmental technicians;
• Interface, feedback and reporting with client contacts and stakeholders as needed;
• Assist with the preparation of cost estimates and regulatory compliance submissions;
• Comply with all Health and Safety policies; conduct site safety checks/briefings;
• Become familiar with CA regulations for site assessment and basic risk evaluation;
• Ability to work independently or with minimal direction in performing tasks and assignments.
• Be detail oriented, highly motivated, and an organized team player with a strong focus on client service.
• Excellent technical writing skills.
• Excellent organizational and sound oral communication skills.
• B.S. degree in Geology, Hydrogeology or Geophysics; advanced degree is encouraged.
• Geologist-In-Training (GIT) certification preferred.
• Valid driver’s license. Travel to temporary assignments and time in the field will be required.
• OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER, current refresher preferred; training can be provided if necessary.
• General computer knowledge (Microsoft Office Suite Products, Excel); AutoCAD/GIS and other environmental software experience is a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Ability to drive, travel and/or perform fieldwork. Some out-of-town fieldwork may require overnight stays.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds.
• Must be able to perform the following while conducting field work: stooping/kneeling/crouching, standing for long periods of time, pulling/pushing and lifting equipment and supplies, walking on uneven terrain.
• Ability to work in outdoor environments and hot/arid conditions.
• Ability and willingness to work long hours and in proximity to loud noises and hazards (i.e., proximity to moving mechanical parts, drill rigs, pneumatic equipment, moving vehicles).
• May be required to wear a respirator. Proper training and protective equipment will be provided.
• Some weekend, holiday, and evening work may be required.
• H+A can offer flexible work arrangements with respect to office and/or remote access, on a case-by-case basis.
H+A is an employee-owned, environmental consulting and engineering firm founded in 1979 with a commitment to providing high-quality, cost-effective services for our clients. We have offices in San Diego and Sacramento, CA and Phoenix and Tucson, AZ. Our practice specializes in all aspects of environmental investigation, compliance, and remediation where we provide responsive, practical and innovative solutions for the investigation and treatment of soil, soil vapor, and groundwater contamination. H+A also provides proactive and cost-effective hydrogeologic and engineering services for groundwater resources, stormwater management, and regulatory and litigation support. Our staff includes approximately 30 hydrogeologists, geologists, engineers, industrial hygienist, technicians, and project support personnel. We invite you to learn more about our company at www.hargis.com.
Those who seek to apply may submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.