Environmental Technician, Folsom, CA
Hargis + Associates, Inc. (H+A) is seeking an Environmental Technician to join our Folsom, CA office supporting remediation system operation and maintenance (O&M) activities. Responsibilities include field work, mechanical upkeep and troubleshooting for groundwater extraction systems, daily routine inspections of groundwater treatment systems, and routine sampling tasks. Experience working with PLC logic, process controls, mechanical systems, pneumatic pump maintenance, hydraulic filter press maintenance, air compressor maintenance, and waste water treatment plant operations preferred. 2+ years of relevant, hands-on experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to perform mechanical, electrical, and plumbing equipment maintenance, diagnosis, and repairs.
- Candidate must be self-motivated, dedicated, attentive to detail, and very organized.
- Ability to work independently and part of a project team.
- General computer knowledge (Microsoft Office, email).
- Excellent organizational and written/oral communication skills.
- Comply with all Health and Safety policies.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Local candidates only; must be eligible to work in the United States.
- 2+ years of industrial maintenance/construction field or related experience.
- Field experience with routine O&M activities.
- OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER training and current refresher; training provided.
- Experience with environmental sampling activities (groundwater, soil, and vapor).
- Oversight of remediation system vendors and contractors.
- GIS and other environmental software experience.
- Technical certificate in industrial maintenance.
- Field experience with drilling, sampling (soil and groundwater), and well installations.
- Ability to drive, travel and/or perform field work.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform the following while conducting fieldwork: stooping/kneeling/crouching, standing for long periods of time, pulling/pushing and lifting equipment and supplies, walking on uneven terrain.
- Ability to work in outdoor environments and hot/arid conditions.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and in proximity to loud noises and hazards (i.e., proximity to moving mechanical parts, drill rigs, pneumatic equipment, moving vehicles)
- May be required to wear a respirator. Proper training and protective equipment will be provided.
H+A is an employee-owned, environmental consulting and engineering firm founded in 1979 with a commitment to providing high-quality, cost-effective services for our clients. We have offices in San Diego and Folsom, CA and Phoenix and Tucson, AZ. Our practice specializes in all aspects of environmental investigation, compliance, and remediation where we provide responsive, practical and innovative solutions for the treatment of soil, soil vapor, and groundwater contamination. H+A also provides proactive and cost-effective hydrogeologic and engineering services for groundwater resources, stormwater management, and regulatory and litigation support. Our staff includes approximately 40 hydrogeologists, geologists, engineers, industrial hygienist, technicians, and project support personnel. We invite you to learn more about our company at www.hargis.com.
Those who seek to apply may submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.