At Hargis, we’re always looking for talented individuals to help us provide the best service possible for our clients. These are professionals who desire to learn and understand the complexity of our clients’ needs and who have a passion and dedication for their profession. At Hargis, employees:
Be part of a team that takes pride in being client-focused. Hargis’ employees go out of their way to understand a clients’ needs, and they always seek value-added solutions for the inevitable challenges faced on any project.
People at Hargis explore ideas, share research, and learn together. With the mentoring and experienced associates gained with Hargis, our employees can refine their skills and build an inventory of tools to help advance their career and contributions to the firm.
At Hargis, excellence comes from the details and the big picture. Our employees make a commitment to doing the best job possible at every stage of a project. Our employees continuously explore what they’ve learned on projects, share their experiences and use the information to everyone’s benefit.
Working at Hargis means being part of a dynamic team that strives to improve the lives of people and the communities in which they live. It’s been our experience that when the right people, ideas, experience, and knowledge come together, the outcomes can be remarkable. Hargis attributes much of its success to this culture of collaboration.
At Hargis employees benefit from an environment of wellness, flexibility, safety, and security. Full-time employees receive comprehensive benefits that helps Hargis attract and retain the best people in the industry.
Those who seek to apply their knowledge and experience in uncommon, creative ways may submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Hargis + Associates is a nondiscriminatory Equal Opportunity Employer.
REMEDIATION ENGINEER, SAN DIEGO, CA
H+A is currently seeking an engineer with 3 to 7 years of experience in site remediation to join our San Diego Office. This position is for full time employment which includes salary, performance-based bonuses, and the opportunity for employee-ownership. Responsibilities will include technical project work, client service management, and business development support. This position requires an individual who thrives on challenges and responsibility, and will best suit a professional that is looking to grow their career in environmental remediation. H+A offers candidates a flexible working environment, a dedicated team atmosphere, and a chance to be part of a high-quality, well respected environmental consulting and engineering firm.
- Assist with facility process, mechanical, electrical, and/or civil designs;
- Preparation of bid documents and construction/procurement specifications;
- Contracting and oversight of remediation system vendors and contractors;
- Oversee remedial system installation, check out, start up, and operation;
- Perform routine and non-routine operation and maintenance (O&M) checks on existing remediation system equipment and operation performance; troubleshoot systems and mechanical/electrical/control system components;
- Conduct environmental sampling activities (groundwater, soil, and vapor);
- Observe, record and report O&M compliance/permit monitoring data;
- Assist with remediation project and program cost/schedule updates;
- Be the primary author on technical reports, tech memos, letters, and other official correspondence;
- Supervise and coordinate engineering interns, junior engineers, and environmental technicians;
- Provide primary interface, feedback and reporting with client contacts and stakeholders;
- Preparation of engineering cost estimates and regulatory compliance submissions;
- Ability to work independently or with minimal direction in performing most tasks and assignments;
- Comply with all Health and Safety policies; conduct site safety checks/briefings.
- A degree in Civil, Mechanical, Chemical, or Environmental engineering, an advanced degree is preferred.
- Experience with CA regulations for site remediation and engineering.
- Professional license (PE) in engineering preferred.
- Experience in remediation system design, construction oversight, and O&M activities.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Excellent organizational and sound oral communication skills.
- Be detail oriented, highly motivated, and an organized team player with a strong focus on client service.
- Valid driver’s license. Travel to temporary assignments and time in the field will be required.
- US Citizenship is a requirement for this position.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER, current refresher preferred; training can be provided if necessary.
- General computer knowledge (Microsoft Office, Email); AutoCAD/GIS and other environmental software experience is a plus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to drive, travel and/or perform fieldwork. Some out-of-town fieldwork may require overnight stays.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be able to perform the following while conducting field work: stooping/kneeling/crouching, standing for long periods of time, pulling/pushing and lifting equipment and supplies, walking on uneven terrain.
- Ability to work in outdoor environments and hot/arid conditions.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and in proximity to loud noises and hazards (i.e., proximity to moving mechanical parts, drill rigs, pneumatic equipment, moving vehicles).
- May be required to wear a respirator. Proper training and protective equipment will be provided.
- Some weekend, holiday, and evening work may be required.
H+A is an employee-owned, environmental consulting and engineering firm founded in 1979 with a commitment to providing high-quality, cost-effective services for our clients. We have offices in San Diego and Sacramento, CA and Phoenix and Tucson, AZ. Our practice specializes in all aspects of environmental investigation, compliance, and remediation where we provide responsive, practical and innovative solutions for the treatment of soil, soil vapor, and groundwater contamination. H+A also provides proactive and cost-effective hydrogeologic and engineering services for groundwater resources, stormwater management, and regulatory and litigation support. Our staff includes approximately 40 hydrogeologists, geologists, engineers, industrial hygienist, technicians, and project support personnel. We invite you to learn more about our company at www.hargis.com.
Those who seek to apply may submit a cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, religious creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law